Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Cowering Soldier

The battle is here
The time has arrived
For me to prove my worth
But I wish it never came
Because i don't want to feel the agony of defeat
It is only a hercules that wins a battle
I'm no superhero; I'm not ready for this life changing revolution
But I must pass through the fire to get refined.
As the war approaches, I feel shivers that displace my heart
Maybe the heat from the war will drive away my cold
With a bullet in my heart, and my lifeless body on the ground
I imagined my doom.
A tear rolled down my face, but I tried hard to hide my emotions
I need some kind of Miracle to win this battle
I stand in the front line watching the enemy roaring and raging
Every minute draws them closer.
It is time to fight.
I take a deep breath, look to the sky
And move on to change my destiny.

Click here for The Cowering soldier (2)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats an intelligent one

BeautyinBaltimore said...

Thanks for visting my blog. I notice that we have a number of NAIJA poets on blogland.

chidi said...

never been on your blog b4! great blog

Jayn Sean said...

Hey...did you just say you joined the Nigerian army or what?..lol..am i lost?

Please, remove the word verification NOW..or also gettin sparm?

NikkiSab said...

oRACLE DIS IS NICE!!!!!

Unknown said...

definitely love the flow
u carried us along